GPH Builders Merchants are delighted to sponsor the Trades Awards 2018 which are renowned for celebrating excellence throughout Scotland’s construction industry. The awards which launched in 2012, are an annual event which rewards and recognises tradesmen and trades businesses in North-east Scotland.
The awards, which are the largest construction event in the North-east and only event of its kind in Scotland, are open to any individual or business that comes under the category ‘construction’. They must also have an operating office in the North-East of Scotland.
There are 14 categories up for grabs (covering all aspects of construction) in 2018 including Home/Building Improvement (Interior), Tradesperson of the Year, Site Manager of the Year, Apprentice of the Year and Outstanding Contribution. GPH will be sponsoring a brand-new category for the awards in 2018 – Garden Design & Landscaping. This award is open to any trades business specialising in the planning, design, build or maintenance of outdoor garden projects, including but not limited to gardeners, landscapers and landscape architects, planting design and supply, builders.
Managing Director, Grant Shewan said: ‘We are very pleased to be involved with the Trades Awards, having previously supported them in a few different ways. This really is one of the highlights of the construction calendar. Garden design and landscaping is an area we are very invested in as a business.
A special feature at our Inverurie, Westhill and Stonehaven stores is the laying down of hard landscaping to demonstrate block paving and patios so that customers can see how it actually looks on the ground. We understand that homeowners invest as much time, money and energy into the outdoor space as they do the fabric and interior of a building.
We will be holding application mornings in our branches to encourage people to apply for an award. Look out for more details of these in the New Year’.
The judging panel will include:
- Mike Macaulay, Chairman – GPH Builders Merchants
- Neil Thomson, Construction Director – Stewart Milne Homes
- Jim Booth, Training Executive – Tullos Training
- Mike Duthie, Owner – Flexistore Aberdeen
- Cammy Keith, Business Manager (Trades and Technical) – Thorpe Molloy
- Michelle Forth, Director – Safety Scotland Ltd
- Raymond Simpson, Managing Director – Raymond Simpson Associates Ltd
- Kevin Urquhart, Construction Director – Barratt Homes
- Margaret Waldron, Solicitor – The Law Practice
- Brian Warrender, Owner – Brian Warrender Plumbing and Heating
- Kim Woolner, FCIPD – HR and Corporate Services Director – Richard Irvin Energy Solutions
- Syd Birnie, Director – Glulam Solutions
- Aileen Beverley, Senior Chair – Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- Richard Murdo, Company Director – Revive the Finish
- Calum McCombie, Owner – Heatcare Oil and gas
Applications are now open!
Being involved in the Trades Awards achieves an unmatched level of brand recognition for your company in front of an audience of industry peers. So, whether you wish to show your support for developing skills and talent across the construction industry or stand out from the crowd by raising your own company’s profile for excellence, the Trades Awards is for you.
The Awards gives you the opportunity to tell your customers, competitors and colleagues about your business achievements and to receive the recognition that you and your team deserve.
You can submit a maximum of 3 choices here.
The winners will be announced at a glitzy ceremony on Friday 8th June at Ardoe House Hotel in Aberdeen.